AWS ConnectPosted: August 1, 2019
I started my networking career when I joined Cisco as an intern back in 2006 – and my first few projects rotated around CUCM. Later in life I did a project for Vodafone for a hosted Contact Centre service. At the time, the amount of effort, cost and complexity that went into buildinging these solutions seemed appropriate – seemed normal. A few years later and I now think it’s horrifying!
So what did I manage in two hours (including learning how to do it!):
- Created a basic virtual contact centre and grabbed a DID (direct inward dial) number
- Created a Lex Bot to ask a few questions and return the responses to a call flow
- Created a call flow that could..
- Identify my phone number coming in (so it would respond with “Hello Jim” if I called, and something else for an unknown number)
- Used Lex to ask three questions and then change the call-flow accordingly – either asking more questions or returning a prompt and hanging up.
Now, granted – this isn’t the most complex call-flow in the world.. it doesn’t talk to databases or other services (other than Lex) – but I think it’s still pretty awesome that you could Proof-of-Concept a contact-centre capability so rapidly.